From: Sebastian Noack <sebastian.noack <at> googlemail.com>
Subject: Re: MemoryLoadLibrary failed
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.python.py2exe
Date: Monday 1st December 2008 20:58:22 UTC (over 8 years ago)
On Mon, 01 Dec 2008 17:45:40 +0100
Nitro  wrote:

> Now, when trying to run the resulting exe I get this error:
>
> ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading MyExtension.pyd
>
> I looked at the zip archive and both CustomDLL.dll and
> MyExtension.pyd are present at the root level, so they should be
> loadable.
>
> My questions are now: Why does loading fail? How can I debug into
> this further?

You could compile the MemoryLoadLibrary c code with DEBUG_OUTPUT flag
to see where it fails.

> Might this problem arise, because the pathes of the msvc dlls look
> like

c:\windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.1434_none_d08b6002442c891f\MSVCP80.DLL

> in reality and py2exe fails to load them due to some windows
> side-by-side assembly or manifest issues? Anybody else has
> applications working with the msvc80.dlls?

Are you using bundle_files < 3? I do so and got the same problem
with pygobject. I think I start seeing a pattern in this malfunction. I
am not sure, but i think this occurs when you are loading a library
from memory which depends on other libraries which are also loaded from
memory. In the case of gobject, I worked around this problem by putting
any gobject dll (not the pyd's from pygobject itself) into exclude_dlls.

Regards
Sebastian Noack

CD: 5ms