From: Amit Aronovitch <aronovitch <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: hosting the wiki
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.python.israel
Date: Wednesday 1st February 2012 00:58:14 UTC (over 5 years ago)
Thanks all, see comments below...

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 6:28 PM, Yishai Beeri  wrote:

> Won't a micro node in Amazon suffice? This can be had for free (first
> year).

Probably yes.
When I created this node, I had some other plans for it, that I did not yet
implement (another wiki and a Sage server).
micro might be good, if I do not manage to follow on Arik's suggestion.

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 6:41 PM, Arik Baratz
wrote:

> I have a hosting account (shared) with Dreamhost (US) with ample extra
space. If you volunteer to set up the wiki there
> I can give you access.

Thanks.
I do not mind setting it up, but getting permission to install some
required extra packages on the server was the deal-breaker that finally
stopped us from hosting this wiki on Hamakor server last time.

Current configuration of the wiki uses apache + mod_php + MySql (recent
versions - I'm not sure what's the minimal requirement). It would be
easiest to restore it into a similar environment.
I'll need an account with permissions to set them up (system root if extra
packages need to be installed, permissions for apache config for the
vhost/redirections, mysql root for creating the python_il
account/database/tables).
Also we have to check if the response time is not much worse than current
hosting (Ireland. I think Andy's hosting was also in Europe)

If you really do not mind the extra space/bandwidth and extra trustee for
such configurations, I'll take that. Otherwise, we can revert to a micro
node as Yishai suggested.

   AA

CD: 17ms