From: Fernando Perez <fperez.net <at> gmail.com>
Subject: IPython 0.8.4 quickfix release
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.python.ipython.devel
Date: Saturday 31st May 2008 23:54:56 UTC (over 9 years ago)
Hi all,

I've just released version 0.8.4 as a quick fix.  The only notable changes
are:

- restored python 2.3 compatibility, though this has been only lightly
tested, since none of the core devs use 2.3 anymore.  Please report
problems.

- fully disabled the recent -twisted option.  This will need much more
testing than we can do right now.  If you are on win32 (it's known to
be fully broken elsewhere) and want to use it, simply run this at the
command line or in an alias:

python -c"from IPython import twshell;twshell.IPShellTwisted().mainloop()"

or make the equivalent personal python script:

from IPython import twshell;twshell.IPShellTwisted().mainloop()

Cheers,