From: Olly Betts <olly <at> survex.com>
Subject: Re: Naming of PHP module DLLs
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.programming.swig.devel
Date: Wednesday 17th May 2006 13:45:16 UTC (over 11 years ago)
On 2006-05-17, [email protected]  wrote:
> I didn't really know what I was doing with those changes.  Loading
> modules appeared to be broken to me, so I cleaned it up.

Yes, I'm pretty sure it was broken before.  I think it works now, but
the name given to the module on Unix doesn't match PHP conventions
which is bad.

> Perhaps there needs to be some additional WIN32 switches in there?

We already have to check for Windows or Unix to know whether to append
".dll" or ".so", so it's pretty easy to only prepend "php_" on Windows.

> Can the .php file generated test which platform its on and attempt
> to load by the correct name?

Yes - there's even some example code in the dl() documentation:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.dl.php

Another SWIG/PHP question - why does SWIG add the PHP 2.02 Licence
boilerplate to the generated wrapper and header?  I tracked it
back in CVS and it's done it since the original PHP module in
PHP 1.1 was first checked in.

My understanding was that the code SWIG generates was meant to be
under the same liberal licence as SWIG itself...

Cheers,
    Olly

easier