From: Daniel O'Connor <daniel.oconnor <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: File_DNS Maintainer
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.php.pear.qa
Date: Sunday 1st January 2012 06:16:51 UTC (over 5 years ago)
Hi Jonathan,
Apologies for the late reply!

So the good news is  File_DNS is on github - it's really easy to fork the
code and add your improvements. I'd encourage you down that path first, as
it'll let us work with you to review/etc the relevant code.
After a few good patches, we'll hand over the keys.

Some ideas you might want to try out in addition to your fixes:
 1. Upgrade the code to PHP5 only (it's < 1.0.0; so BC breaks are ok)
 2. Run xdebug/phpunit over it, to see what code is covered and whati s
missing from the unit tests\

Let us know if you run into trouble - we're in irc (efnet / #pear) or more
than happy to help via the pear-dev/pear-qa mailing lists

On Fri, Dec 23, 2011 at 11:54 AM, Jonathan Creasy <[email protected]> wrote:

> I'm interested in applying to be the maintainer for File_DNS. The
> page<https://pear.php.net/package/File_DNS/>says
it is not maintained.

> I have been coding professionally for about 10 years, longer than that as
> hobby. I have experience in operations and infrastructure mostly.
>
> My motivation for this message is that I just spent a few days writing a
> set of classes to do what this module does and I'd like to improve this
> module with some of the enhancements I coded into the internal module,
and
> migrate the application I am using  that depends on our internal module
> over to the Pear module.
>
> -Jonathan

CD: 14ms