From: Adam Tong <adam.tongu <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Variable remote_config not set
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.php.pear.general
Date: Sunday 8th April 2012 01:54:03 UTC (over 5 years ago)
Hi,

I am trying to install pear in shared host using ftp (not sftp).

I followed the instructions, and when I run the command
C:\remote\pear\> pear -c remote.ini config-set remote_config
ftp://user:pass@myremotehost.com/folder1/folder2/.pearrc

The only difference that you can see is that my .pearrc is located in
folder1/folder2.

The output of the command is: config-set succeeded.

But after that when I run pear config-show it shows that remote_config
is not set. This explains why I was not able to install a package in
the remote host.Here is the error message that I get:

C:\remote\pear>pear remote-install
Error: remote-install expects either option "remoteconfig" be set, or
remote_con
fig configuration variable be used

Any suggestion is welcome.

Thanks