From: till <klimpong <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Fwd: [Console_Color] Composer support for Console_Color (#1)
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.php.pear.devel
Date: Wednesday 18th April 2012 15:31:18 UTC (over 5 years ago)
I agree – also, there is a difference between the PEAR installer and PEAR
libraries. At least we always wanted that. ;-)

I'm personally not yet convinced that the PEAR-layer in composer is really
solid and useful, but anyhow, I have no objections adding this. People can
play with it and see if it's worthwhile. If anything, I'd like to wait
until composer matures before we add composer.json files everywhere so we
don't have to deal with the hassle of upgrading a JSON structure when stuff
changes. And composer is still in a very early state.

Besides, I also agree with Christian that this is not really urgent by any
means. Because composer can use a SVN or GIT as a source too to install a
package. Or use a zip/tar from GH as a dist source.

Till

--
till

On Wednesday, April 18, 2012 at 12:21 PM, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> Hi all,
> A lot of you may already have seen this on github, but for those who
> haven't I'd encourage you to take a look. Remember, play nice with those
> Composer folks :)

[email protected]reply.github.com
(mailto:[email protected]reply.github.com)

> Date: Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 1:42 PM
> Subject: Re: [Console_Color] Composer support for Console_Color (#1)
> To: Daniel O'Connor
>

> Why should we do this? Apart from that, Composer has a PEAR compatibility
> layer so PEAR packages don't need a composer.json file.
>
> ---
> https://github.com/pear/Console_Color/pull/1#issuecomment-5191514

CD: 3ms