From: Remi Collet <remi <at> fedoraproject.org>
Subject: Re: channel protocol ugrade problem
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.php.pear.devel
Date: Tuesday 17th April 2012 04:54:11 UTC (over 5 years ago)
Le 17/04/2012 06:23, Thomas Spuhler a écrit :
> I am packaging  a few php-pear packages for Mageia and Mandriva.
> When I run from a shell as root pear list-upgrades I see this message:
>
> WARNING: channel "pear.phpunit.de" has updated its protocols, use "pear
> channel-update pear.phpunit.de" to update
>
> We don't want to upgrade the channel from the internet, we use (as does
Fedora
> and Opensuse) in a small package the following script to use a local xml
file:

When you configure a pear channel from a local file, you don't have the
ETAG which is provided by the webserver during an online installation.

$ php -r
'print_r(unserialize(file_get_contents("/usr/share/pear/.channels/pear.phpunit.de.reg")));'
    [_lastmodified] => Array
        (
            [ETag] => "4141299221"
            [Last-Modified] => Sun, 27 Mar 2011 17:52:32 GMT
        )
)

I never find any solution to properly handle this minor annoying issue.

Remi.