From: Thomas Spuhler <thomas <at> btspuhler.com>
Subject: channel protocol ugrade problem
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.php.pear.devel
Date: Tuesday 17th April 2012 04:23:21 UTC (over 5 years ago)
I am packaging  a few php-pear packages for Mageia and Mandriva.
When I run from a shell as root pear list-upgrades I see this message:

WARNING: channel "pear.phpunit.de" has updated its protocols, use "pear
channel-update pear.phpunit.de" to update

We don't want to upgrade the channel from the internet, we use (as does
Fedora
and Opensuse) in a small package the following script to use a local xml
file:

%post
if [ $1 -eq  1 ] ; then
    %{_bindir}/pear channel-add
%{_datadir}/pear/packages/pear.phpunit.de.xml
> /dev/null || :
else
    %{_bindir}/pear channel-update
%{_datadir}/pear/packages/pear.phpunit.de.xml
fi

when upgrading the package that runs this script
it reports that the channel has been upgraded, but pear list-ugrades still
reports the wanrning

When I run pear channel-update pear.phpunit.de  manually the channel
actually
gets upgraded and the warning disapears.

What does actually happen when I run pear channel-update pear.phpunit.de ?

Which file(s) gets modified?

--
Best regards
Thomas Spuhler