From: =?koi8-r?B?98HTycwg8sHOx8XMz9c=?= <boen.robot <at> gmail.com>
Subject: RE: xml parser
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.php.pear.devel
Date: Monday 26th March 2012 19:47:29 UTC (over 5 years ago)
I personally prefer DOM [1] and XMLReader [2], but SimpleXML [3] and "XML
Parser" [4] work too.

DOM and SimpleXML can be used for both reading and writing, whereas
XMLReader and "XML Parser" are only for reading (with XMLReader having its
writing companion - XMLWriter [5]).

I'm not sure I get your question about "write xml data to a server url"...
the same server your PHP file is running on, or a remote server?

If the former, DOM, SimpleXML and XMLWriter allow you to point a file path
(not a URL) to save the document to.

If the latter, you send it in the same way you'd send any text data - as a
raw body or get/post field of an HTTP request. It's up to the remote server
to handle processing the received data.

[1] http://php.net/DOM
[2] http://php.net/XMLReader
[3] http://php.net/SimpleXML