From: Stefan Esser <stefan <at> nopiracy.de>
Subject: Re: [PHP-DEV] Suhosin patch disabled by default in Debian php5 builds
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.php.devel
Date: Friday 3rd February 2012 09:41:04 UTC (over 5 years ago)
Hello Pierre,

> Again, please tell me which part of Suhosin would make sense to have
> in the core? With technical explanation or details. Then we can begin
> a good discussion and maybe a RFC to get them in.

what part of "all of it and I am not going to try to convince you about
this" do you not understand?

I am not interested in pushing Suhosin into PHP mainline. Why in hell would
I want that. If Suhosin gets absorbed by PHP.net then I would have to start
a new project, because there are tons of mitigations I can think up that
will be implemented at some point in time and will never make it into PHP
mainline.

With Suhosin existing I am free to implement as many security mitigations I
like and do not have to beg the PHP developers to consider adding
something.

Regards,
Stefan