From: Linus Torvalds <torvalds <at> osdl.org>
Subject: Re: Official releases?
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.parsers.sparse
Date: Tuesday 31st October 2006 18:37:55 UTC (over 10 years ago)
On Tue, 31 Oct 2006, Josh Boyer wrote:

> Yes, but you don't keep them all laying around forever.  You keep about
> a week's worth right?

If each tar-ball contains the git version, at least you can get back to
it..

Anyway, I suspect it would be better if people didn't consider me the
maintainer for sparse, simply because it does the things I really cared
about, and as a result I'm not really very active.

How about talking to Josh Triplett, who maintains a tree at

	git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/josh/sparse.git

with gitk at

	http://www.kernel.org/git/?p=linux/kernel/git/josh/sparse.git;a=summary

and see if he wouldn't mind making "real" releases.

		Linus

CD: 3ms