From: William Stein <wstein <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: sage infrastructure at UW
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.mathematics.sage.devel
Date: Monday 6th June 2016 18:35:22 UTC (about 1 year ago)
On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 1:21 PM, Eric Gourgoulhon
wrote:

> Le lundi 6 juin 2016 19:08:44 UTC+2, Thierry ([email protected]) a
écrit
> :
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> the wiki is back online at University Paris North :
>> http://sagewiki.lipn.univ-paris13.fr/
>>

> Thank you very much Thierry!

Thank you!

I've put a link from the static page at http://wiki.sagemath.org/  to
http://sagewiki.lipn.univ-paris13.fr/.

I am flat out strongly against hosting the Sage wiki, trac, etc.,.
They should be properly hosted in the cloud, where anybody can be
added as admins, we can make global backups, move the machines to have
a presence anywhere in the world (due to many data centers all over),
etc.

I feel like I've been way too hesitant regarding expressing my
opinions about the Sage infrastructure for the last year.

 -- William

William (http://wstein.org)