From: Dima Pasechnik <dimpase <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Trac and wiki
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.mathematics.sage.devel
Date: Monday 6th June 2016 08:58:31 UTC (over 2 years ago)
On Monday, June 6, 2016 at 9:29:58 AM UTC+1, Erik Bray wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 5, 2016 at 7:27 PM, William Stein  > wrote:
> > Hi sage devel,
> >
> > According to my monitors trac and wiki are down. I have no idea why.
> I'm
> > boarding a plane out of town now...
>
> I thought that the Trac site was hosted on Google--at least, that was
> the impression Samuel got when he brought up the idea of migrating it.

No, that was an alternative  proposal - the other one was GCE hosting.
There was no consensus, particularly due to (very?) few anti-Google folks.

But I think that the current state of affairs shows all too well how bad in

the long run
would be to host such things like trac away at a university, with only very

few persons
having access in a case of emergency like the current one.
So I think that the opposition to GCE hosting has no arguments in its
favour left.

 Dima