From: Hamish <hamish_nospam-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: [ gpsdrive ] Automatic GpsDrive background maps from GRASS GIS
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.linux.gps
Date: Tuesday 8th November 2005 02:00:56 UTC (over 11 years ago)
> > Hi GpsDrivers and GRASSers,
> >
> > I have written an export script that takes a GRASS GIS 6.1 (CVS
> > version) display window and saves it to a gpsdrive background image.
> > The file is placed in ~/.gpsdrive and the map_koord.txt index file
> > is updated with the georeferencing information.

I forgot to mention implications:

with a predetermined grid of gpsdrive image tiles and the gpsd server
running in the background you can do real-time and dynamic shortest
route analysis of a road network with GRASS's v.net.* and d.path modules
by replacing the image data in one of the tile images (stable
georeferencing, only foreground changes).

http://mpa.itc.it/radim/g51/d.path.jpg
http://gpsd.berlios.de
http://grass.itc.it/grass61/manuals/html61_user/vector.html

Hamish