From: Rickard Westerlund <onionknigh-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Implementation of Windows Vista/7 features
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lib.wxwidgets.devel
Date: Thursday 29th April 2010 08:42:30 UTC (over 7 years ago)
Hello,
I will be implementing features new to the Windows API with Vista and
7 for GSoC. I'm writing this to ask you if you have any suggestions
regarding the implementation.

Are there any particular features you would really like to see? I am
also not really up-to-date with all the new additions myself, as I've
mostly worked with XP and only recently switched to Windows 7 so a
list of all new features that should make it's way to wxWidgets would
also be interesting. Right now, I've considered:

* Native chevron buttons for wxCollapsiblePane
* Command link buttons
* Task dialogs
* Taskbar progress bar
* Jump list tasks

It would also be interesting to hear any suggestions on how these
should be implemented, as I have worked very little with the wxWidgets
code base.