From: Kevin Ball <kmball11 <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Open / Close Event Callbacks
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lib.shoes
Date: Thursday 22nd January 2009 05:33:06 UTC (over 8 years ago)
Hi Evan,

  I didn't know about finish... thats probably the intended method; I'll
rip
out my onclose hack.  However, as far as I can tell, finish blocks
currently
only actually get invoked for http downloads... the infrastructure exists
for registering them but they don't appear to get invoked anywhere.  Have
you had any success getting finish blocks to happen on anything but
downloads?

  I'll see if I can figure out the right way to plug it in...

-Kevin

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 7:39 PM, Evan Farrar  wrote:

> Well, doing something after app is running is pretty straightforward.
> Use the "start" method on the main window. However I am confused as to
> why the "finish" method isn't called before the window gets cleaned
> up. The main window is a flow, after all.
>

> Shoes.app do
>  start { Shoes.debug "beginning"}
>  finish { Shoes.debug "end"}
>  para "middle"