From: Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira <at> trolltech.com>
Subject: Re: License ActiveQt Open Source 4.5
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lib.qt.general
Date: Friday 6th March 2009 00:44:41 UTC (over 7 years ago)
Benjamin Parzella wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I noticed that the Open Source version of Qt 4.5 contains the source
> code of the ActiveQt components. Trying to build it with qmake gives me
> the error
>
>Project MESSAGE: You are not licensed to use ActiveQt.
>
>But the header and source files state that they are licensed under the
> BSD license, which allows the usage in commercial closed source
> applications without publishing the source code. Does that mean I can
> use ActiveQt in my closed source application by building it myself
> (e.g. with a custom project file), or are there any other restrictions
> I missed?
>
>I want to create an ActiveX component with ActiveQt and the LGPL Version
> of Qt 4.5.

ActiveQt is BSD licensed, that's correct. So you're allowed to use it in
an open source or closed source application.

However, we have not yet modified the buildsystem to support that. So,
you'll have to make those modifications yourself for the time being.

--
Thiago Macieira - thiago.macieira (AT) nokia.com
  Senior Product Manager - Nokia, Qt Software

CD: 3ms