From: Stephan Meyer <ste_meyer <at> web.de>
Subject: Re: Filter Driver for Windows Vista?
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lib.libusb.devel.windows
Date: Wednesday 21st February 2007 18:31:06 UTC (over 10 years ago)
> peer wrote at 11.02.2007 :
> > we are working at the moment on new Version including Vista-Support.
> > Maybe Stephan Meyer will answering in the next days.
>
> Is there somewhere maybe a pre-beta which not work completly, but can
> included in a C++ project with
> #pragma comment( lib, "libusb.lib" )
> in my project?
> (comment out all the libusb calls line with #ifdef, or something
> similiar is not a good idea... ;) )

The current version should work on 32bit Vista without any problems,
even the filter driver, but NOT on 64bit Vista.

What I’m working on right now is a new version of the DLL that will
use Vista's built-in winusb.sys driver instead of libusb's own kernel
driver. Most of the features are already working.

The problem with winusb.sys is that it's not possible to use it as a
filter driver. So libusb 'filter driver mode' might not be supported in
the future any more.

I hope I can manage to release a beta version within the next
weeks.

Stephan

your