From: Riccardo <multix <at> ngi.it>
Subject: ANN: PRICE 0.8.1
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lib.gnustep.general
Date: Sunday 5th November 2006 21:58:52 UTC (over 10 years ago)
From: Riccardo
Date: Sun Apr 30, 2006  01:36:56 AM Europe/Rome
To: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: ANN: PRICE 0.8.0

P. R. I. C. E.  0.8.1
---------------------

I released a new version of price, 0.8.1, today.

What is PRICE?
It stands for Precision Raster Image Convolution Engine and is an
application that is capable of filtering and processing images. It is
available on both GNUstep (this linux, netbsd, freebsd, openbsd,
solaris) and Macosx (tested from 10.1 Puma and up). It is multi-document
based and can open all standard images supported by gnustep (tiff, png,
jpg to cite some). It is capable of doing standard operation like
crop&scale or brightness&contrast as well as more advanced operations
with frequency-based filters or median filters or customizeable edge
tracing.

Where to find it?
http://price.sf.net
where you will find also some online documentation which you will
probably need to understand better how to use the program.

PRICE is GPL'd and each filter is a separate class with well-defined
interfaces so I encourage the reuse of them in other applications.

What are the news?
- color equalization is now possible on the luminance channel, in
addition to RGB

and since 0.8.0:
- GNUstep and Macos-X share now the same code source! This not only
means that the old Sourceforge file packages are obsolete (if you were
tracking them) but also the cvs modules are now merged under the
PRICE-osx module.

and many small and big bug-fixes of course.

There are of course several limitations and shortcomings of which I am
aware, but some of them aren't there just because of lack of time,
others because of lack of knowledge. I'm open for discussion and help.

I hope you enjoy it however

-Riccardo

CD: 3ms