From: petros <pmamales <at> nyc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: disabling the matrix expressions form sparse matrices
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lib.boost.ublas
Date: Sunday 11th March 2012 04:30:33 UTC (over 5 years ago)
Hi Naso,
Thx for responding.
I am looking into the compressed_matrix. I have resorted to some hackery
where –by hand- defined the type to not derive from the matrix_container
-extending this to the constructors, of course. And it works OK – there
is a lot
of useful code there.
Now, given that the ublas matrix operations are not really optimized for
performance
-although a lot of very good work is in place there - it is a bandage I am
willing to live with.
I thought of deriving privately, but then it was too much work with the
iterators and all.
The interesting thing is that, when I did it for matrix (actually had to
hold a matrix and derive from
a matrix range for leading dimension requirement reasons) I had to
explicitly derive from matrix_container
(vs2010, win7).
Hence I was hoping..
Thx again – especially on a Sat evening,
Petros

ps: I would like to point out that, no info exists in the compressed_matrix
for whether this is, for example,. the upper triangular part
of a symmetric/hermitian matrix. This makes it, unavoidably, to be used
primarily for storage and element insertion/access,
but not ready to be used for apps. I can imagine that probably this can be
accommodated w/adaptors, but I think this ties ublas inwards
too much for broader use.
Just an opinion..