From: Thomas Klimpel <Thomas.Klimpel <at> synopsys.com>
Subject: Re: g++ 4.4.6 and boost ublas 1_48 compile problem
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lib.boost.ublas
Date: Wednesday 22nd February 2012 16:21:09 UTC (over 5 years ago)
Umut Tabak wrote:
> Thomas Klimpel wrote:
> > Well, probably yes. I guess "std::inplace_merge" from g++ 4.6.1
> > plays dirty tricks, which it is allowed to do according to the
> > standard. A possible solution would be to use a different
> > implementation of "inplace_merge".
>
> Or continue using boost 1_47, I guess from ublas perspective the
> results would be the same.

Oh, I don't think that the version of boost has anything to do with this.
The problem should be the same in boost_1_49 as in boost_1_40. The problem
is in the libstd++ that comes with gcc > 4.4

> I use MTL4 generally for my operations however to
> assemble some FE system matrices generalized_vector_of_vector was the
> fastest option and I build my interface classes with this container so
> I would like to stay with that for the moment. One more question, any
> further and faster alternatives to this path?

To be honest, I don't fully understand what you are asking here.

> You mean some different implementations such as sgi or so, well up to
> now I have always depend on standard so I will see what I can do.

Well, I meant that boost::ublas should use its own implementation of
"inplace_merge" (copied for example from sgi, if license permits). As I
wrote in that message, the main problem would be to sort out potential
license issues. But I have no idea what the actual status is. The last
thing I remember is that David replied that he wanted to take a look at it.

Regards,
Thomas