From: Umut Tabak <u.tabak <at> tudelft.nl>
Subject: Re: g++ 4.4.6 and boost ublas 1_48 compile problem
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lib.boost.ublas
Date: Wednesday 22nd February 2012 15:37:14 UTC (over 5 years ago)
On 02/22/2012 04:23 PM, Thomas Klimpel wrote:
> I guess this is related to
> <http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/ublas/2011/12/5123.php>
>> If I use boost 1_47 with g++ 4.4.6,( an older compiler on our cluster)
>> then the same code compiles fine and runs without problems.
>>
>> Is there a change in the implementation of generalized_vector_of_vector
>> from the point of standard library usage, which is quite less likely I
>> suppose.
>>
>> Any ideas on the source of this difference and error.
Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the immediate return first of all.
> Well, probably yes. I guess "std::inplace_merge" from g++ 4.6.1 plays
dirty tricks, which it is allowed to do according to the standard. A
possible solution would be to use a different implementation of
"inplace_merge".
Or continue using boost 1_47, I guess from ublas perspective the results
would be the same. I use MTL4 generally for my operations however to
assemble some FE system matrices generalized_vector_of_vector was the
fastest option and I build my interface classes with this container so I
would like to stay with that for the moment. One more question, any
further and faster alternatives to this path?

You mean some different implementations such as sgi or so, well up to
now I have always depend on standard so I will see what I can do.

Thanks a lot,
Umut