From: Thomas Klimpel <Thomas.Klimpel <at> synopsys.com>
Subject: Re: g++ 4.4.6 and boost ublas 1_48 compile problem
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lib.boost.ublas
Date: Wednesday 22nd February 2012 15:23:45 UTC (over 5 years ago)
Umut Tabak wrote:
> I have a rather strange problem with ublas 1.48 and g++.
>
> If I try to compile the example file sparse_fill2.cpp on the wiki page
> of Gunther Winkler, namely,
>
> http://www.guwi17.de/ublas/matrix_sparse_usage.html
>
> I get some strange errors due standard library with g++ 4.6.1. I could
> not understand the reason for this.

I guess this is related to
<http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/ublas/2011/12/5123.php>

> If I use boost 1_47 with g++ 4.4.6,( an older compiler on our cluster)
> then the same code compiles fine and runs without problems.
>
> Is there a change in the implementation of generalized_vector_of_vector
> from the point of standard library usage, which is quite less likely I
> suppose.
>
> Any ideas on the source of this difference and error.

Well, probably yes. I guess "std::inplace_merge" from g++ 4.6.1 plays dirty
tricks, which it is allowed to do according to the standard. A possible
solution would be to use a different implementation of "inplace_merge".

Regards,
Thomas