From: Nasos Iliopoulos <nasos_i <at> hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Anybody still there?
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lib.boost.ublas
Date: Wednesday 1st February 2012 16:54:55 UTC (over 5 years ago)
It would be great if we could start uBlas2, rewriting the core maybe
using proto for the template functionality and add all the goodies. As
David says I also think a unified representation would help a lot in
realizing the same algorithms for similar operations (i.e. dot product
defined as the multiplication of a row and column matrix - using an
already optimized matrix matrix multiplication algorithm). I am just a
bit skeptical about vectorization though - mainly due to lack of
language support and lack of in-core higher than double precision
arithmetic (I think double precision is internally done in 96-bit on an
intel cpu).

Another item that would be very useful is opening the submission of
auxiliary functions. It would be great if people could contribute their
own SVD, or optimizer, or linear system solver etc., as I am sure most
of as have a ton of those from one project or another.

Of course keeping the template interface the same (if possible) for
backward compatibility and trying not to hinder the bindings development
would be of utmost importance.

Best,
Nasos