From: Anthony Williams <anthony_w.geo <at> yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Running regression tests
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel
Date: Wednesday 9th August 2006 10:27:21 UTC (over 11 years ago)
Aleksey Gurtovoy  writes:

> Anthony Williams writes:
>> I've been trying to run some regression tests today using
>> regression.py. After a few false starts, bjam ran to the end, but
>> now process_jam_logs won't run --- every time it runs it thinks for
>> a few seconds, and then quits with the message:
>>
>> **** exception(205): std::out_of_range: invalid string position
>> ******** errors detected; see standard output for details ********
>>
>> Any thoughts?
>
> Seems like it's being fed an unexpected input. Unfortunately,
> process_jam_log doesn't have a logging option, and the easiest way to
> see what exactly it chockes on would be to run it under debugger, with
> the command line extracted from the regression.py's log.

The error is in parse_skipped_msg_aux, trying to parse the message

...skipped
<@boost!libs!parameter!test\python-parameter-test.test\gcc\debug>python-parameter-test.run
for lack of python2.4.exe...

The [email protected] bit is causing confusion on line 232 (CVS HEAD version) ---
there is no path separator in "[email protected]", so the insert is failing (with an
out_of_range exception), as the call to dir.find is returning
std::string::npos.

Changing line 232 to two lines:

        string::size_type path_sep_pos=dir.find( '/', start_pos + 1);
        dir.insert(
(path_sep_pos==string::npos)?dir.size():path_sep_pos,"/bin" );

allows it to run to completion --- I have now run collect_and_upload_logs,
so
the results should be available soon.

Maybe I should set PYTHON_ROOT (my python installation lives in
c:\local\python24), but it should work without it set.

Anthony
--
Anthony Williams
Software Developer