From: martin odersky <martin.odersky-p8DiymsW2f8 <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: default charsets and Source.from behavior
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.scala.internals
Date: Thursday 23rd April 2009 09:58:00 UTC (over 8 years ago)
My 3 cents:

1. Yes, we should be constent about encodings, and give the matter
some thought. Thanks to Paul for heaving taken the lead on this.

2. When there's some level of doubt, I'd follow the principle to do it
like Java. That's a meta-principle in the design of Scala. Unless we
really care about some thing, we do it like Java. That way, as Miles
says, we are at least wrong in the same way as everybody else :-)

3. Not knowing anything about encodings, I do not want to be called up
for a decision what to do. So I trust Paul to decide the right thing.

Cheers

 -- Martin

CD: 4ms