From: Rafael Garcia-Suarez <rgs <at> consttype.org>
Subject: Re: bleadperl v5.13.2-282-g57b20d1 spits zillions of warnings
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.perl.perl5.porters
Date: Sunday 18th July 2010 14:15:12 UTC (over 7 years ago)
On 18 July 2010 15:59, Dave Mitchell  wrote:
> I'm strongly tempted to take Nicholas's approach of making assignment to
> CvGV a compile-time error and provide a separate CvGV_set() macro. This
will
> have the effect of unambiguously breaking Sub::Name and everything that
> depends on it (rather than just appearing to work while possibly doing
the
> wrong thing). Thus everything will get broken until a fixed Sub::Name is
> released.

I think that this is a very good idea.

> Does anyone know Matthijs van Duin and whether he's likely to be
> responsive to putting out a timely new Sub::Name release? (He hasn't
> pushed anything to CPAN for 2 years).
>
> Opinions anyone?

I know that Matthijs declined to work on porting Data::Alias to 5.10
(this module works only with 5.8.x or possibly below).

If Matthijs does not want to release a new Sub::Name, and if someone
is interested enough, it's still possible to request co-maintainership
of Sub::Name on CPAN.

CD: 3ms