From: brian d foy <brian.d.foy <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Assume Co-Maintainership of Mail-Webmail-Gmail
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.perl.modules.authors
Date: Friday 10th March 2006 20:33:05 UTC (over 11 years ago)
> It's been over a month since I sent this. Why didn't I receive a reply?
> say nothing of this request being dealt with.)

Hi Shlomi,

The usual procedure to take over a module invovles you publicly
announcing your intent in some place that most people will see, such as
use.perl, and some of the admins trying to contact the author.

If, after a couple of weeks the author does not respond (or responds
that he doesn't mind the transfer), we can add you as a co-maintainer.

However, Allen Holman has uploaded a new version today, I think he's
still interested in working on the module. I can't say why he hasn't
responded to you, but realize that sometimes mail gets lost. Perhaps
you can try again.  You might consider being a bit less aggressive,
though :)