From: <bob333 <at> hushmail.com>
Subject: Re: Webstart
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.jython.user
Date: Friday 10th August 2007 17:12:21 UTC (over 9 years ago)
This example from '04 uses a 'flaw'(?) in earlier webstart versions
which allows one to derive the full path name as it exists in the
cache  of the jar a resource is contained in. This derived path
name is then passed to jython. I had not been able to find a way
todo this for newer versions of webstart [1].

I found an open source project[2] which uses a webstart'd version
to demonstrate [3] its capabilities. I will investigate the
trickery they uesd..

[2] http://sourceforge.net/projects/cookxml/
[3] http://cookxml.yuanheng.org/cookjython/

[1]
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/technotes/guides/javaws/enhancemen
ts6.html

"Finally, the URL returned for calls to ClassLoader.getResource()
is now the proper JAR URL of the item on the net.  In previous
versions, this URL returned was a jar url of the file url item in
the cache.  By extending URLClassLoader, the cached location (if it
exists) is meaningless, and it allows Java Web Start to operate
without caching."

Thanks,
Bob

--
Click here for a free directory of employee development and training
solutions.