From: Philip Jenvey <pjenvey <at> groovie.org>
Subject: [Heads up] sys.executable hooks added
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.jython.devel
Date: Wednesday 26th December 2007 00:52:57 UTC (over 9 years ago)
I've created a hook for defining Jython's sys.executable value via
the command line call. It's plugged into the jython script the
installer creates. The script does:

java -Dpython.executable="$0" org.python.util.jython

or on Windows:

java.exe -Dpython.executable="%0" org.python.util.jython

If no python.executable is defined, sys.executable defaults to None.

I've also changed test_sys to assume sys.executable exists and the
regression test to assume test_popen passes (it does with a
sys.executable). So you'll need to update your jython runner script
to define python.executable, otherwise you'll see both tests fail.

The buildbot will need to be updated, but it needs updating anyway

--
Philip Jenvey