From: Eric Y. Kow <eric.kow-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w <at> public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: wxHaskell doesnt show windows correctly
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.wxhaskell.general
Date: Wednesday 18th July 2007 00:34:43 UTC (over 10 years ago)
On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 00:52:40 +0200, Patrick Scheibe wrote:
> after compiling the darcs version, wxHaskell seemed to work.
> But something is wrong with the fonts. I don't see any menu entries
> but they seem to be there because I can click on them and they pop
> open. The title bar of the wx windows only show the first letter of the
> full name. For instance the bouncing ball demo works fine except that I
> don't see any text (ok.. the "B" in the title bar).

Sounds like it's Unicode-related.  The darcs version of wxhaskell wants
a unicode-enabled wxWidgets underneath.

Sorry!  I wasn't thinking about that when I suggested the upgrade.

--
Eric Kow                     http://www.loria.fr/~kow
PGP Key ID: 08AC04F9         Merci de corriger mon fran├žais.

CD: 3ms