From: Robert Dockins <robdockins <at> fastmail.fm>
Subject: ANN: Edison 1.2RC4
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.libraries
Date: Sunday 14th May 2006 21:36:52 UTC (over 11 years ago)
Fellow Haskellers!

I am pleased to announce the 4th (and with any luck, final) release
candidate
for Edison 1.2.  Edison is a library of efficient data structures for
Haskell.

Changes from RC3 include:

  * introduce strict/strictWith operations for all APIs
  * add Ord* instances for PatriciaLoMap and TernaryTrie
  * add David F. Place's EnumSet implementation
  * complete the FiniteMap unit test coverage and fix a bunch
    of bugs in finite map implementations
  * add 'symmetricDifference' to Collection and
    Associated Collection APIs
  * add Ord instances for data structures
  * add Monoid instances for data structures
  * Edison now requires Cabal 1.1.4 to build

The project homepage is located at:

http://www.eecs.tufts.edu/~rdocki01/edison.html

API docs are located at:

http://www.eecs.tufts.edu/~rdocki01/docs/edison/index.html

And the darcs repository is located at:

http://www.eecs.tufts.edu/~rdocki01/edison/

As before, comments are welcome, particularly comments relating to the API.

However, barring major disasters I may have overlooked, I hope to release
RC4
as 1.2, essentially unchanged.

Thanks,
Rob Dockins