From: Simon Peyton-Jones <simonpj <at> microsoft.com>
Subject: Platforms that GHC supports
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.glasgow.user
Date: Monday 1st December 2008 12:19:47 UTC (over 7 years ago)
Friends

Lots of the bug reports on the GHC bug tracker are platform-specific.  We
thought it'd help for us to articulate more clearly what platforms GHC
supports, and what we'd like it to support.  Look here:

        http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/Platforms

What you'll notice is that we (GHC HQ) only guarantee to support a fairly
narrow range of "Tier 1" platforms, albeit ones that cover a large fraction
of our users.

There's a much longer list of "Tier 2" platforms, that we'd love to have
working, and know of no reason they can't work, but for which we need your
help.  We are actively looking for sponsors for Tier 2 platforms.  If you
think you could help, please let us know.

Thanks.

Simon & Simon

CD: 3ms