From: Simon Marlow <marlowsd <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Weekly IRC meeting?
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.glasgow.user
Date: Friday 11th July 2008 09:08:52 UTC (over 9 years ago)
Hi folks,

I've been wondering whether it would be useful to have a weekly IRC meeting

to discuss GHC.  The idea would be that this is a scheduled time when the
developers turn up on #ghc, we'll discuss current topics around GHC, and
users can chime in with questions, points for discussion, complaints :-)
and so on.  I imagine making it completely informal to begin with, and
later adding some structure (an agenda etc.) if necessary.

Another option is a conference call, but personally I prefer the IRC medium

for this kind of meeting.  A conference call could work too, though.

Thoughts?  I'm thinking a time around 1600 UK time (currently UTC+1) would
probably work best, does anyone have preferences for days?

Cheers,
	Simon

CD: 3ms