From: Piyush P Kurur <ppk <at> cse.iitk.ac.in>
Subject: Another First course in Haskell
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.general
Date: Friday 22nd August 2008 03:53:47 UTC (over 9 years ago)
Hi,

	I am planing a haskell based functional programming course.
It is supposed to be a first course and I intend to show how
real world applications can be built quite easily in haskell.

Goals:

1) Cover all the basics like recursion, interesting data structures
like zippers, monads

2) Haskell programming environment: by this I mean things like
ghci, hadock, cabal

The students after the course should seriously consider Haskell
as a programming language for implementing their final year projects.
In this aspect if one can convince that things like web-programming
cgi scripting, networking, compiler projects, which are the favorits
for programming projects, are better done in Haskell than
in traditional languages like C and Java that would be a success.

The course will be taken by mostly Computer Science undergrads.

Any feed back is really welcome. I have about 2-3 months to plan
the course.

Regards

ppk

CD: 4ms