From: Robert Dockins <robdockins <at> fastmail.fm>
Subject: [ANN] Shellac 0.6, new Vty Shellac backend, Lamba Shell 0.5
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.general
Date: Thursday 4th January 2007 10:24:40 UTC (over 11 years ago)
Fellow Haskellers,

I am pleased to simultaneously announce the immediate release of the
following
related packages:

Shellac, 0.6
Shellac-readline, 0.3
Shellac-vty, 0.1

Shellac is a framework for building read-eval-print style shells which uses

configurable backend plugins.

The major new feature of this release is the new Shellac-vty backend
package,
which uses the new Vty library (http://members.cox.net/stefanor/vty/)
to do
terminal I/O directly.  It currently has basic line editing keybindings,
paging, and a command history.  The main package and Shellac-readline
updates
consist of minor API updates.

The project page for these packages may be found at:
http://www.eecs.tufts.edu/~rdocki01/shellac.html

Additionally, the Lambda Shell 0.5 release is now available.  The Lambda
Shell
is a shell environment for defining, evaluating and manipulating
expressions
of the pure, untyped lambda calculus.  It is also a showcase for Shellac
and
a model for its use.  This update contains little new functionality, but is

mostly a maintaince update.

The Lambda Shell project page may be found at:
http://www.eecs.tufts.edu/~rdocki01/lambda.html

If you wish to play with the new Vty Shellac backend, you may 'darcs apply'

the following patch to the lambda shell darcs sources before building.  It
will cause the lambda shell to use the Vty backend rather than the readline

backend.
http://www.eecs.tufts.edu/~rdocki01/lambda-shell-vty.patch

Thanks all and happy hacking,
Rob Dockins