From: Lemmih <lemmih <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Announcement: cabal-test
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.general
Date: Sunday 26th November 2006 12:04:24 UTC (over 11 years ago)
Greetings fellow hackers,

It's my great pleasure to announce cabal-test, the automatic tester
for Cabal projects.
The cabal-test tool is capable of testing embedded quickcheck
properties in any and all cabalized projects. The tests are currently
executed in parallel with pqc.
QC properties can reside anywhere in the code and don't have to be
exported.

Requirements:
  * GHC-6.6
  * pqc (http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~dons/code/pqc/)

Future goals:
  * Use Haddock information when printing test names.
  * Ability to test multiple targets simultaneously.

Example usage:
> $ ./cabal-test
> Testing cabal-test-0.1
>   No library
>   Testing executable: cabal-test
> 2: Tests.prop_sort2         : OK, 100 tests.
> 2: Tests.prop_sort3         : OK, 100 tests.
> 2: Tests.prop_sort4         : OK, 100 tests.
> 2: Tests.prop_sort6         : OK, 100 tests.
> 1: Tests.prop_sort1         : OK, 100 tests.
> 2: Tests.prop_sort5         : OK, 100 tests.

> $ ./cabal-test --help
> Usage: cabal-test [OPTION] [PATH]

>   -h, -?   --help           Show this help text
>   -v[n]    --verbose[=n]    Control verbosity (n is 0-5, normal verbosity
level is 1, -v alone is equivalent to -v3)
>   -w path  --ghc-path=path  Use this command as ghc
>   -n n     --threads=n      Use 'n' threads. Default is 2
>   -t n     --tests=n        Depth of test. Default 100
>   -p prop  --proptag=prop   Tests must contain this tag. Default 'prop_'.

The darcs repository is available at:
http://darcs.haskell.org/~lemmih/cabal-test

--
Cheers,
  Lemmih

PS: I'm so glad we're not using Makefiles anymore.

CD: 2ms