From: Bulat Ziganshin <bulat.ziganshin <at> gmail.com>
Subject: Streams 0.1.7 library announce
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.general
Date: Friday 24th November 2006 08:56:49 UTC (over 11 years ago)
Hello haskell,

I'm glad to present Streams library version 0.1.7. If you don't yet
know, Streams is a fast extensible I/O and serialization library
( http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Library/Streams
).
Main changes against previous version:

* true support for GHC 6.6
* support of files larger than 4 gb on windows (see FD5gb.hs example)
* files are now open in shared mode on all systems

The most dramatic change, though, is that Pupeno
has taken a work of polishing, unix testing, packaging and
distributing the library, so now it contains:

* haddock'ized internal docs
* ready to be included in any unix packaging system
* semi-automatic self-testing system ;)

To get Streams 0.1.7, you can download one of
http://pupeno.com/software/streams/Streams-0.1.7.tar.bz2
http://pupeno.com/software/streams/Streams-0.1.7.tar.gz
or you can get it from its repository by running:

darcs get --tag=0.1.7 http://software.pupeno.com/Streams-0.1
Streams-0.1.7

You can also download and keep track of the 0.1 branch, which is
supposed to remain stable and only get bug-fixes by running

darcs get http://software.pupeno.com/Streams-0.1/

and then run 'darcs pull' inside it to get further changes.

To get the latest unstable and fluctuating version, the development
version, run:

darcs get http://software.pupeno.com/Streams/

Note: as of this moment, while the project is being darcsified you are
not going to find anything useful there, but we expect that to change.

Preferably, you should send patches to code to [email protected]
and to other parts of library to [email protected] . Documentation may
be edited right at the project homepage, which remains
http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Library/Streams

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                          mailto:[email protected]

CD: 2ms