From: Colin Runciman <colin <at> cs.york.ac.uk>
Subject: ANN: SmallCheck 0.0 another lightweight testing tool
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.general
Date: Tuesday 22nd August 2006 02:18:19 UTC (over 11 years ago)
I have written a prototype tool that is similar in spirit, and in some
of its workings, to QuickCheck,
but based on exhaustive testing in a bounded space of test values.
Sales pitch: wouldn't you like to ...
* write test generators for your own types more easily?
* be sure that any counter-examples found are minimal? (##)
* write properties using existentials as well as universals?
* establish complete coverage of a defined test-space?
* display counter-examples of functional type? (##)
* guarantee repeatable test results? (##)
For more details and a Haskell 98 module SmallCheck download the small
tar file at:
http://www.cs.york.ac.uk/fp/smallcheck0.0.tar
If you try it, do let me know how you get on.  Comments & suggestions
welcome.
Colin R
--------
(##) There have been versions of QuickCheck with extras that address
these issues in other ways.

CD: 3ms