From: Robert Dockins <robdockins <at> fastmail.fm>
Subject: Type-Level arithmetic library
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.general
Date: Tuesday 31st January 2006 02:12:57 UTC (over 11 years ago)
While cleaning up my home directory, I discovered some code I worked
on a while ago which implements type level arithmetic.  I have
cleaned it up and decided to release.

This library includes the following operations on type level naturals:

    addition
    subtraction
    multiplication
    division
    remainder
    GCD

and also contains the following predicates

    test for zero
    test for equality
    <

    <=
    >=

This library uses a binary representation and can handle numbers at
the order of 10^15 (at least).  It also contains a test suite to help
validate the somewhat unintuitive algorithms.

You can retrieve this library with the following command

darcs get --partial --tag '0.1' http://www.eecs.tufts.edu/~rdocki01/

typenats/

Enjoy,
Rob Dockins

PS Please let me know if you come up with useful ways to use this
library! (I'm mostly just curious)

Speak softly and drive a Sherman tank.
           -- TMBG

CD: 3ms