From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen <at> complete.org>
Subject: ANN: HDBC 0.6.0
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.general
Date: Thursday 22nd December 2005 19:53:26 UTC (over 11 years ago)
Hello,

[ sorry, I accidentally posted an early draft of this on -cafe ]

Version 0.6.0 of HDBC and the Sqlite3 bindings are now available.

New features since Tuesday's 0.5.0 announcement include:

 * New type system for marshalling different Haskell types back and
   forth

 * New support for querying meta-information about the server

 * Much improved documentation

 * Fix for a race condition in the Sqlite3 binding

 * New fetchAllRows function that returns a lazy list of result rows
   (think hGetContents for database queries)

I will shortly begin work on a PostgreSQL binding.

Also, I plan to write a MissingH interface module.  The main idea of
that is to provide a SQL backend for the MissingH AnyDBM interface
(which uses *dbm databases for persistent hashes).  Combined with
Sqlite, this provides a very interesting and easy to use persistent
hash interface.

Where to get stuff:

API docs, quick link:

  http://darcs.complete.org/hdbc/doc/index.html

HDBC general layer:

  darcs get --partial --tag=hdbc-0.6.0 http://darcs.complete.org/hdbc

Sqlite3 driver:

  darcs get --partial --tag=hdbc-sqlite3-0.6.0 \
    http://darcs.complete.org/hdbc-sqlite3

-- John

CD: 3ms