From: Don Stewart <dons <at> galois.com>
Subject: Re: The instability of Haskell libraries
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe
Date: Saturday 24th April 2010 00:19:55 UTC (over 7 years ago)
dagit:
> Hmm...But who would be willing to take on the hard, tedious, and time
consuming
> work of maintaining the CI build system?  I think for this build system
effort
> to really take off a group of a few deadicated volunteers would be
necessary.

CI for the HP would be really easy, and extremely high value.

As I said on Reddit, the community saw the instability problem 2 years ago,
and
launched the Haskell Platform effort to address this -- by requiring
stability, with long release cycles. However, we're only a few months
in, so the impact isn't being felt yet.  Wait till we've had 10 years of
versioning stability, like the Python core has.

Any steps volunteers can take to ensure the HP is both stable and
comprehensive,
to build that solid foundation, will be greatly appreciated.

-- Don

CD: 3ms