From: Neil Brown <nccb2 <at> kent.ac.uk>
Subject: ANN: Progression-0.3 (supporting benchmarking in Haskell)
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe
Date: Tuesday 2nd March 2010 19:47:22 UTC (over 6 years ago)
Hi all,

I've just uploaded the new version of my Progression benchmarking
library to Hackage (http://hackage.haskell.org/package/progression).

Progression is a utility built on top of Criterion that helps you record
benchmark times for several different versions of your code and then
draw graphs to compare them.  The latest version adds: support for
normalisation of benchmark times, support for drawing bar charts, and
allows for more detailed configuration of how the data is arranged
before plotting.

I've written in more detail about the changes in a blog post
(http://chplib.wordpress.com/2010/03/02/progression-0-3-bar-charts-and-normalisation/),

which also has an example of a normalised bar chart generated with the
new version.

Thanks,

Neil.

CD: 3ms