From: =?ISO-8859-15?Q?G=FCnther_Schmidt?= <gue.schmidt <at> web.de>
Subject: Multiple Interpretations for a monad?
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe
Date: Thursday 25th February 2010 15:03:48 UTC (over 6 years ago)
Hi everyone,

in my attempts to remove boilerplate and thus to do more "abstraction" I
come across a number of interesting things and suggestions.

Especially blog posts from Dan Piponi and also Heinrich Apfelmus. I
think what they both are saying is that you can construct / implement
some sort of 2 layered monad which can then have more than one
interpretation.

In the responses to one of my posts on DSLs Dan Piponi also points out
that he considers monads also to be DSLs. It didn't click with me when
he said it, but reading more of his blog posts made me remember that.

Now I know this is probably something obvious to most haskellers, but to
me it's not.

Did I understand this correctly so far?

G√ľnther

CD: 3ms