From: Roel van Dijk <vandijk.roel <at> gmail.com>
Subject: ANN: concurrent-extra-0.2
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe
Date: Monday 22nd February 2010 18:33:17 UTC (over 6 years ago)
Hello,

We would like to announce an update of concurrent-extra [1].

Bug fixes:
 - A bug in RLock.acquire (thanks to Felipe Lessa).

New features:

 - Broadcast: Wake multiple threads by broadcasting a value. This
   is a generalisation of Event.
   termination.
 - delay: Arbitrarily long thread delays.
 - timeout: Wait arbitrarily long for an IO computation to finish.

The lightweight thread wrapper was inspired by the threadmanager
package [2]. The main advantage of our implementation is that we
don't maintain an internal mapping from ThreadId to
ThreadStatus. Instead we rely on the forked thread to broadcast
its status to interested listeners. This should result in better
performance (no lookup required).

Every exported symbol is now documented.

Regards,
Roel & Bas van Dijk

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/concurrent-extra-0.2
[2] http://hackage.haskell.org/package/threadmanager-0.1.3