From: Satnam Singh <satnams <at> microsoft.com>
Subject: ANNOUNCE: ThreadScope 0.1
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe
Date: Wednesday 27th January 2010 16:51:03 UTC (over 6 years ago)
I've just released ThreadScope version 0.1 on Hackage. Threadscope is a
graphical utility for viewing profiling information about Haskell threads.
It was written jointly with Simon Marlow and Donnie Jones. It uses Gtk2HS
so it works under Windows and the L-word operating system although there
seem to be problems making it work with OS-X (due to Gtk2Hs issues I
think).

$ cabal install threadscope

You may need to do cabal update to update your packages list. On Windows
operating systems you may need to issue the command from a shell that is
running with administrative privileges.

Resources:

*         Web page: http://research.microsoft.com/threadscope

*          Parallel Performance Tuning for Haskell<http://research.microsoft.com/apps/pubs/default.aspx?id=80976>
(paper at Haskell Symposium 2009)

Please let me know if you have any problems. Also, please do let us know
about your experience with ThreadScope and in particular about accounts of
how you used ThreadScope to shed light on parallel performance bugs. If I
get enough feedback I may collate the responses into an experience report
or paper for ICFP or the Haskell Symposium. Thank you kindly. Enjoy!

Cheers,

Satnam

________________________________
Satnam Singh