From: Bas van Dijk <v.dijk.bas <at> gmail.com>
Subject: ANNOUNCE: Updates and a new member of the Monadic Regions family
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe
Date: Saturday 23rd January 2010 15:02:37 UTC (over 6 years ago)
Hello,

I released updates of all the members of the Monadic Regions family:

* http://hackage.haskell.org/package/regions-0.3
 - Export the 'Dup' and 'ParentOf' classes from
'Control.Monad.Trans.Region'.
 - Add: 'mapInternalHandle  ∷ (Handle resource1 → Handle resource2) →
(RegionalHandle resource1 r → RegionalHandle resource2 r)'.
 - Internal refactoring.

* http://hackage.haskell.org/package/regions-monadsfd-0.3
* http://hackage.haskell.org/package/regions-monadstf-0.3
* http://hackage.haskell.org/package/usb-safe-0.5.1
 - No major changes in these packages just internal refactoring and
support for regions-0.3.*.

* http://hackage.haskell.org/package/safer-file-handles-0.3
 - 'File' is turned into a GADT, it's parameterized with the IOMode
and its constructors are exported.
 - Added support for bytestring IO.
 - Internal refactoring.

* http://hackage.haskell.org/package/explicit-iomodes-0.2
 This package is not a member of the family but it is required for
'safer-file-handles'. I released an update which:
 - Added support for bytestring IO.
 - Internal refactoring.

Additionally I would like to announce a new member of the family:

* http://hackage.haskell.org/package/regional-pointers-0.1

to quote the description:

"The library allows you to allocate memory in a region yielding a
regional pointer to it. When the region terminates all pointers are
automatically freed. Most importantly, a pointer can't be returned
from the region. So it's impossible to reference unallocated memory."

This package need some more work (primarily documentation and testing)
so I consider it a beta release.

Note that the darcs repositories for all packages are not updated
because I can't seem to get a SSH connection with code.haskell.org :-(

Happy Haskell Hacking,

Bas

CD: 2ms