From: Neil Brown <nccb2 <at> kent.ac.uk>
Subject: ANN: chp-2.0.0, chp-plus-1.0.0
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe
Date: Monday 11th January 2010 18:03:26 UTC (over 6 years ago)
Hi,

I've just released version 2.0.0 of the Communicating Haskell Processes
(CHP) message-passing concurrency library onto Hackage.  The main change
from 1.x is that I have split the functionality into two libraries: the
core functionality remains in the chp package (now version 2.0.0), while
some of the additional capabilities have been moved out to the new
chp-plus package (version 1.0.0).  This should help in the long run by
keeping the packages from becoming too large, and by allowing me to trim
the dependencies of the core chp package.

I've written more about the changes here, for those who it will affect:
http://chplib.wordpress.com/2010/01/11/splitting-chp/
 This will require
small changes to your build system if you're using CHP and you upgrade
to the new versions.  The new versions should also fix build troubles
with GHC 6.12 -- let me know if you have any troubles installing under
6.10 or 6.12.

Hackage links:

http://hackage.haskell.org/package/chp-2.0.0
http://hackage.haskell.org/package/chp-plus-1.0.0