From: John Van Enk <vanenkj <at> gmail.com>
Subject: ANNOUNCE: tuntap-0.0.1
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe
Date: Thursday 7th January 2010 04:49:03 UTC (over 7 years ago)
Hi All,

As some of you have requested, I've extracted the code from my (under work)
VPN which talks to the TUN/TAP device under Linux (/dev/net/tun).

Some things to note:
1) I've only tested this under Linux.
2) The help-win.c file under cbits HAS allowed similar code to talk to the
TUN/TAP driver used by the OpenVPN project, but I haven't implemented this
functionality yet.
3) The help-bsd.c file under cbits HAS allowed Mac/BSD flavors to talk to a
TUN/TAP driver, but I've never tested this and haven't implemented this
functionality yet.

I don't have a whole lot there right now, but keep a lookout for more
releases with some examples and better docs (as I get around to it).

For a very verbose example, you can look at how I use the Network.TUNTAP
module in this project: http://github.com/sw17ch/Scurry,
specifically
http://github.com/sw17ch/Scurry/blob/master/src/Scurry/TAPTask.hs.

Hackage: http://hackage.haskell.org/package/tuntap
GitHub: http://github.com/sw17ch/tuntap

John Van Enk

PS: Thanks to Matthew Isleb and Job Vranish for their help on the C code
used.

CD: 4ms